|Group Size||01-12 People|
|Arrival On||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Departure From||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Accommodation||Stone Built Houses (tea houses) during trek|
|Meals||All meals during trek & breakfast in kathmandu|
Join Langtang Gosaikunda Helambu Trek to explore the ‘Valley of Glaciers’ which is abundant of natural and cultural diversity, majestic snowy mountains and rare species of wildlife, flora and fauna. With quaint and less traveled trails, trekkers shall have the full attention of the locals and get an insightful trekking experience. A region with the holy Gosaikunda Lake, Helambu region has some beautiful glacial lakes, lush rain forest, grassy meadows with Daisies and Primus, rugged rocks and unique cultural richness of local communities. Explore the trail over suspension bridges, high passes enveloped with mist and snow, glacial lakes and ancient monasteries in Langtang Gosaikunda Helambu Trek. From the sacred Hindu pilgrimages to the revered Buddhist cultural ensembles and from the habitation of Red Panda to the popular ‘Selo’ dance of locals, you have all the diversity and contrasts in Langtang Gosaikunda Helambu Trek.
Reach Syabru Besi, the District Headquarters of Rasuwa District and our trail-head, to begin the Langtang Gosaikunda Helambu Trek. Traverse through the green and lush foothills and explore quaint and culturally rich villages as you follow the mighty Bhote Koshi River upstream. Continue ahead in the trails dominated by Tamang, Sherpa and Newar communities, as you begin the trek with a short climb to a gorge of Langtang valley opening up to glacial valleys. Move ahead through Lama Hotel and Langtang village to reach famous and ancient Kyanjing Gompa. Climb to Kyanjing Ri (4773m) to view Dorge Lakpa, Langshisa, Gangchembu Peaks before heading to Lama Hotel and to sacred Gosaikunda Lake. Walk with the sight of Ganesh Himal and Langtang Peaks you trek through Thulo Syabru and Sing Gompa to reach Gosaikunda. Explore the series of glacial lakes including the famous Gosaikunda and hike steeply to Lauribina Pass (4610m), the highest point of this trek, before walking through forested areas and the settlement of Ghopte and Melamchigaon. The trek from here is mainly downhill with some ups and downs in the trail which takes you through some Sherpa villages including Tarkeghyang and Kakani to reach Melamchi Pul Bazaar, the end of our trekking in the region. Return back to Kathmandu after a driver of few hours to finally wrap up this adventure of Langtang Gosaikunda Helambu Trek in this region full of natural wilderness.
Langtang Gosaikunda Helambu Trek is free of uncertainties of air travel and provides you with spectacular views of Himalayas, cultural diversities of a region bordering Tibet and doesn’t have the risk of altitude sickness as well. With moderate fitness level required and a moderate level of trekking difficulty, you are sure to enjoy this adventure. Taste the delicious Yak Cheese and enjoy the spectacular scenery in Langtang Gosaikunda Helambu Trek which is culturally rich and naturally diverse.
Submit your review
- Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu(1350m).
- Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour.
- Day 03: Drive to Syabru Bensi (1462m) by jeep, 7/8 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2500m) 5h30 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village (3307m) 5 hrs.
- Day 06: Langtang village to Kyanjin Gompa (3798m) 3 hrs.
- Day 07: Kyanjin Gompa- Lama Hotel (2500m) 5/6 hrs.
- Day 08: Lama Hotel – Thulo Syabru (2,235m) 5/6 hours.
- Day 09: Thulo Syabru- Sing Gompa/ Chandanbaari (3,330m) 4 hours.
- Day 10: Shing Gompa to Gosaikunda (4380m) 5/6 hours.
- Day 11: Gosaikunda to Ghopte (3,430m) via Laurebina Pass (4,610m) 6h30.
- Day 12: Ghopte to Malemchigaon (2530m) 6h30
- Day 13: Malemchigaon to Tarkeghyang (2600m)4h30.
- Day 14: Tarkeghyang to Kakani (1996m) 6hours.
- Day 15: Kakani to Melamchi to Pul Bazaar(870m) 3hrs – Kathmandu(1350m) 3 hours drive.
- Day 16: Departure Day.