Mardi Himal Trek Itinerary
May 17, 2019
Situated just east of Annapurna, the Mardi Himal Trek is one of the most legendary trekking destinations, which offer adventurous trekking opportunity in the rugged trail of Annapurna region with perfect picturesque settings and astonishing mountains views. This Mardi Himal Trek Itinerary will promise you to make your journey memorable by exploring culture as well as nature. Most trekkers regarded Mardi Himal as one of the most fascinating trekking destinations in Nepal, which is overloaded with the dramatic display of superb snow-capped peaks, green rolling hills, pristine forests of attractive rhododendron, oak and magnolia pines, remarkable landscapes and the panoramic Himalayas views.
Trekkers will follow the enchanted rhododendron flower forest, the high ridges, dazzling rivers, terraced farms, with persistent splendor views of striking Annapurna Himalayas and Manaslu mountain range in the east is really amazing. As you trek further you will also get chances to witness mount Dhaulagiri on the west side contrasting with the face of Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) is really astonishing to witness and admire. Still, this trek is an unseen gem, where only a few trekkers choose as their trekking destination and experience overwhelming and charming adventure. Although the route is less used, the interesting and exotic trail wanders through lush valleys, alpine meadows, dense forests, waterfalls, and numerous streams will compensate it. Encountering with the warmth and generosity of the mountain people and explore their interesting cultures and traditions during their way to Mardi Himal Trek is really awe-inspiring. With the accompany of the magnificent views of Mt. Annapurna Ranges, Mt. Hiunchuli, Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Fishtail (Machhapuchhare) and its vicinity, we will trek ahead and reach to the Mardi Himal.
The way to Mardi Himal Trek
After exploring major UNESCO World Heritage Site at Kathmandu Valley, we will take thrilling domestic flight for Pokhara, the heavenly paradise on the earth. If you prefer to make a driving journey to Pokhara, we can also offer you this option too. The beautiful city will offer you magnificent views of the Himalayas and stunning sunrise and sunset views. Not only that it will also allow you to explore the famous Fewa Lake and enjoy boating with it with the great views of the Mountains. As we reach to the Pokhara, you will begin driving journey on wards to Phedi and from Phedi, we will begin our official trek from there and go ahead through following beautiful forest blend with the juniper, pine, rhododendron, bamboo, and many more along with the alluring white rivers. Several ups and downs trail on wards to Modi Khola will offer trekkers to experience the real wilderness zone of the mountain. By crossing several villages on the way, we will reach our destination. After admiring the real beauty of Mardi Himal and its surrounding, we will return back to the Kathmandu by following several routes.
The best season to explore the Mardi Himal Trek
To explore Mardi Himal in Nepal, spring and autumn seasons are the best time to make vacation trip. Most of the trekkers prefer to trek in these seasons due to its fine weather and temperature. In these seasons, trekkers can have stunning clear views of the Himalayas and explore the surrounding. The temperature is also not so hot and not so cold, which allow making around 4 to 6 hours trek per day. In these seasons, the surrounding is also good enough to explore and enjoy the trek.
Short Itinerary of Mardi Himal Trek
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1,300m/4,264ft)
- Day 02: Drive or flight to Pokhara from Kathmandu (827m/2,700ft): 6-7 hours
- Day 03: Drive to Phedi and continue trek to Deurali (2100m/6,720ft): 30 minutes’ drive, 4-5 hours trek
- Day 04: Trek from Deurali to Forest camp (2,520m/8064ft): 6-7 hours
- Day 05: Trek from Forest Camp to low camp (2970m/9504ft): 5-6 hours
- Day 06: Trek from Low camp to high camp (3540m/11,328ft): 3-4 hours
- Day 07: Trek from High camp to upper viewpoint (4250m/13600ft), return back to high camp: 2-3 hours
- Day 08: Trek from High camp to Sidhing Village (1700m/5440ft): 6-7 hours
- Day 09: Trek to Lumre, drive to Pokhara and fly to Kathmandu: 2-3 hours trek, 2 hours drive and 25 minutes flight
- Day 10: Final departure day to your next destination
Trek Highlights of Mardi Himal
- Exploring major Kathmandu Sightseeing: Royal Kathmandu Palace, Pashupatinath Temple, Swyambhunath temple, and Boudhanath Stupa.
- Have stunning views of the Himalayas including Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Fishtail, and Mt. Mardi Himal, and its vicinity.
- Explore Mardi Himal Base Camp and High Camp.
- Enjoy striking Sunrise and Sunset views.
- Excellent view of Machhapuchhre and Annapurna Himalayan range.
- Trek through following picturesque Landscapes, stunning Terrace fields, and Rhododendrons Forest.
- Local homestay and tea garden
- Beautiful Rhododendron forest and many other vegetation.